MARIA INSTITUTE OF MONTESSORI TRAINING
Maria Institute of Montessori Training (MIMT), founded by Ms. Narmada - a much experienced educationist and teacher to provide high quality Montessori Training to those who selected Teaching as their profession. The courses conducted on Montessori by MIMT has been successfully running from past two years and we are very glad to announce that many of our teachers are placed in highly reputed schools in Bangalore and other areas. It is a recognition to our quality and standard in this segment.
Scientific observation has established that education is not what the teacher gives; education is a natural process spontaneously carried out by the human individual, and is acquired not by listening to words but by experiences upon the environment. The task of the teacher becomes that of preparing a series of motives of cultural activity, spread over a specially prepared environment, and then refraining from obtrusive interference. Human teachers can only help the great work that is being done, as servants help the master. Doing so, they will be witnesses to the unfolding of the human soul and to the rising of a New Man who will not be a victim of events, but will have the clarity of vision to direct and shape the future of human society.
- Maria Montessori, Education for a New World
- Montessori Method is based on the fundamental belief that children learn best by doing. With the Montessori Method, learning takes place in an environment where passive acceptance and memorization of pre-existing knowledge are replaced with active pursuit of experiences. Instead of teacher directed group activities, students learning according to the Montessori Method are encouraged to discover warning activities on their own. They may work alone, with a partner or as part of a group. They can stay with particular learning activity as long as they desire and move onto the next challenge when they are ready.
- Instead of traditional classes and grades, the Montessori Method utilises a multi-age classroom. Children in various stages of development learn from each other, with the younger children learning by observing older children. Older children also benefit by instructing younger children.
- It turns the traditional concept of a classroom on its head by seeking ways to adapt learning approaches to each child, rather than making children to sit into a rigid setting. The method is founded on the belief that exposing children to knowledge through a variety of sensory experiences promotes learning better than simply listening to a lesson. The hands-on techniques of the Montessori teaching approach employ all the senses in the learning process.
- As Montessori is a unique way of learning with special designed materials designed by Dr. Maria Montessori. The teacher (adult) has to be trained to direct the children how to use these materials. The child learns in his own phases, as these materials are all self correcting materials.